When you think of yoga, you may think about people bending themselves into amazingly complex poses and holding them for what seems like way too long. You may also think about people chanting in yoga classes or saying OM while they’re all twisted up. Aside from flexibility and meditation, yoga has loads of benefits when practiced on a regular basis. When you start regularly taking yoga classes near your Sacramento home, you will start to experience the benefits. Here are a few benefits you may not have known about:
- Yoga builds muscle strength.
- Yoga improves your posture.
- Yoga allows you to keep full range of motion in joints and prevents joint and cartilage deterioration.
- Yoga movements protect the spinal discs and keeps them supple.
- Yoga positions help strengthen the density of your bones through weight bearing exercise.
- Yoga increases circulation.
- Yoga helps drain your lymphatic system, boosting the immune system.
- Yoga raises your heartrate.
- Yoga helps reduce blood pressure without prescription drugs.
- Yoga helps not only the lymph glands, but the adrenal glands too, lowering cortisol, a stress hormone that can affect mood, bone density, blood pressure, and insulin resistance.
- Yoga can help increase serotonin levels to boost your mood.
- Yoga lowers blood sugar and bad cholesterol, while boosting good cholesterol.
- Yoga helps you focus on the present and set aside distractions from the future or past.
- Regular practice of yoga will give you the foundation for a healthier lifestyle.
- Yoga will help relax you and most body systems.
- Yoga helps improve your balance.
- Yoga helps maintain your nervous system.
After reading this list of benefits, you may not want to wait any longer, contact us at Asha Yoga in Sacramento to find out what yoga classes would fit you, your lifestyle, and your needs in the best ways possible.